What a beautiful day today. Woke up, took a shower, made myself pretty, got some yoghurt and some granola and was off to computer science. Pleasant class discussing the ethics of computing. I drew.
Then Biology 102 was apparently cancelled, so I read outside the library and sipped some coffee. Then half of Government was wasted waiting for a computer for the teacher, so I discussed my old Women's Studies professor with some of her new students. Learned some tricks for Excel and Word from Pr. Q (who is not to be addressed a 'the great Q-man'). Met Wes for lunch, joked, then read an essay on the Black Plague for my English paper. It focused on how it wasn't the disease so much as the abandonment and loss of future people felt from the extreme death that the disease caused. How "Charity was Dead".
So I was going off to Engish class, but needed to pee. Found a girl sitting on the bathroom floor.
Those floors are nasty, so I figured she wasn't just waiting, so I looked closer.
Pallor, sweating, shallow breaths, abdominal pain around the uterus. I asked her if she was okay, and she said 'oh yeah, I'm fine'. So I knelt down and asked her again, because she didn't look okay. She admitted she left her test to go throw up because her cramps were that bad.
Got a quick history (ever happen before? What you eat? How long?), got her to lay down to rest on her bookbag, got compresses of paper towels for her abdomen and forehead/back of neck (warm and cool, respectively). Brought her fever down, got her calm, eased the pain some. She was feeling weak and couldn't stand up for us.
Well, us, because one of the professors (Dr. Zoology Lab) walked in and helped as well. Called Health Services, who were so busy with people in their office who had the flu that it took a while, but eventually they sent a nurse. Who then checked her blood pressure (98/66 with a bpm of 70, normal range, kinda low blood pressure but she was laying down) and glucose levels and found her to be normal. Called the EMS anyway, who put her on a stretcher and took her to the ER.
I got to ride in the front, then we waited in the waiting room since she got better. Was able to walk now, whereas before she couldn't even stand up. I got her to talk to me, tell me about herself, so she calmed down and all her symptoms went away. Her parents showed up and she walked out against medical advice.
I'm going to call her later, or at least knock on her door since she's on my floor, to check on her.
But I had to miss English. Dr. Zoology Lab did do as I asked though and told Dr. English where I was going and why I wasn't going to be in class. I emailed Dr. E later, clarifying that he did get the message and all, and he said, "Good job vanquishing Evil today!"
I'm not sure what evil I vanquished, but at least I did a good job at it.
I certainly do have a topic to add into my English paper though. Though I'm quite sure she didn't have the plague, still applies.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment