Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pain Threshhold

So you know that I can handle pain pretty well. Burns, even. You now how much heat loves me.

But these steam burns on my fingers? I'd like to say they're the most painful ever and I'm pretty sure I have, but they certainly aren't a 10 on a pain scale.

Which I don't get how anyone could be a 10 on a pain scale. If you're a 10, you're in so much pain that you absolutely cannot fathom the pain being any worse, and cannot communicate in any way how painful it is. I.E, you're screaming, assuming you haven't mercifully passed out.

So, these steam burns. They hurt. They REALLY, really hurt. But they could be worse-they could be spread over my body. The pain could've stayed as strong as it was, instead of lingering for that once missed key stroke. But even though it really did hurt, and I really was in pain, it wasn't a 10.

So to all those people out there who can *say* that their pain is a 10, you are liars.
Just like people who can *say* they can't breathe. I mean, I know it is easier to say you can't breathe when you really mean it's hard to breathe, but try to be logical here. How are you making noises if there's no airflow over your voice box?

But back to the pain. No one can say they're a 10.

No comments: