Today was a wonderful day.
I slept perfectly, and even though I had to limp up to computer class, my teacher is awesome enough to let me be late and re-tape my toe in the mail room to keep it sterile.
We got out early and the teacher postponed the test because even he hates the program, so I got some breakfast, then went to biology which was uneventful except that I'm never having ice cubes in my drinks in Mexico.
Didn't do so well I think on my government test, but oh well, it happens.
Checked on my microbiology lab but there wasn't any quantifiable data yet, so I'll do that tomorrow.
There was a spring break "carnival" (by that I mean a lot of booths) at 11 so I went there and got a free chik-fii-a sandwich and a stuffed Dino for E. x3
Met up with W and sat outside in the absolutely gorgeous weather listening to a horrid cover band until he had to go to class and I had to finish (I mean start) my English paper.
Went to English, and we had a guest lecturer come in for evaluation to see if she'd be a good fit to work here. Dr. English told us to be good, enthusiastic smart students ("be ourselves" he said x3).
Dr. Lecture gave us a Phyllis Wheatly poem to evaluate and apparent my answer was really good.
At the end, Dr. English asked us what we thought of her and then said he was so proud of us, he couldn't have asked for us to do any better, we were the best class he's had to do that. Then he referred to a quote where this one Alex climber guy was praised as "Yeah, don't go hiking with Alex, that's cheating" in reference to just how good he was.
He then said "So we have Lizz, which is cheating..." and I just turned bright red. To my surprise though my classmates just smiled and nodded, since they knew I always helped people with their papers and people would ask me for help and I'd nicely explain it to them, whereas in high school it'd be "oh what a bitch. she's not that smart".
Afterwards I went to go meet my friend M in the HPAC (where the english offices happen to be) and Dr. English caught up with me. He reminded me of a nervous school boy as he never did really look directly at me, but he stopped me and said something to the effect of,
"Yeah, it's really refreshing to be shown up by a first year student in my own field that I have a Ph.D in, and I like to think that I'm smarter than you, but sometimes you make me wonder..."
And then he bounded up the stairs as if he wanted to get away from me really fast.
I was blushing too hard I couldn't speak, but I'm happy. x3
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmm...kind of mad at you, but ah well.
I am glad that your English class went so well and that your computer test was postponed.
"Hulk smash tiny computers"
Post a Comment