So I've almost moved up in the world today. At work, I was supposed to get off at 6:30, but I was so disappointed all day that they hadn't scheduled me for cashier training like they promised, like I had bugged them the whole week about, that I went to the head customer service manager and asked them one last time, *when*?
Malicia apologized, said that if I had time, she'd put me on the tutorial right then.
So I've been on the tutorial for cashier, and hopefully tommorrow if we get some downtime they'll give me my own till and train me.
Then after a month or so they'll consider making me a full time cashier with the pay increase. I also put in my W-4's, so I should be getting the full amount. I'm also putting stuff into my 401k though, so it should all even out.
I just feel like I'm not moving up farther. Woo hoo, now I'm on par with the 16 year old cashier who started out at that job.
Make me feel like unskilled shit.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't beat yourself up over it so much, silly Kitten.
Just because you haven't had the training doesn't make you "unskilled shit."
You're finally getting the training, that's all that matters. It doesn't matter if some other kid learned it before you.
Don't judge yourself by where other people are in life. Otherwise we're all worthless shit, cause we're not fucking billionaires. heh.
Post a Comment