So I've been working a lot lately, at the grocery store. Bagging groceries for everyone. My old manager, that I worked for over the summer, was fired while I was at school so I have a new manager now. Very nice guy. Agreed to train mas a cashier next weekend and they're going to let me work every weekend.
With that money I'll have enough to get a car AND go visit Ferret.
Long hours though. If they were more spread out I'd be fine, but we're talking 6-8 hours bagging. Tommorrow I work 9 hours to cover for a co-worker whose baby is terribly sick. I'm not complaining too much. Hours means money, but it also means tired and pain. That's work though.
Had 14 hours the first week, got me about $90. Got almost 35 hours the next week so that will get me around $200. This week I have almost 28 hours so another $160ish. I've spent almost $100 in the last few weeks, plus whatever I spent for Christmas, so I could use the money.
I've been thinking though, back to that week I house-sat in the summer. I was so happy. I didn't see any friends, but that didn't bother me so much.
I was on my own. I bought my own food, prepared it myself, made it to my liking. I biked to work on my own, and knew that my job would feed me and the kitten that I was watching (further known as "my kitten", because it still is in my head. I loved it. It cried and clung to me when I gave it back to it's legal owner).
I would prance around at work and tell my co-workers that I got to go home to see my kitten, and I'd buy the kitten a little soft meal entree whenever I bought a special meal for myself. I'd take home balloons and random toys and boxes my work let me have. It didn't need fancy toys.
Its favorite toy were these shrimp crackers Eli gave me. After supper and we were both fat and happy and lazy, we'd lay on my bed and watch TV or whatever. The kitten would curl up next to me and purr, and we'd play and relax.
That kitten loved me and I loved kitten. Lil' happy Boots cat. The first night I had him I had to keep him in the bathroom, so I made him a bed out of a shoe box and a towel and slept in there on the floor next to the cat. I woke up to him sneaking over to sleep next to me, but me waking me scared him back to his bed. After that though, he'd just sleep next to me. Happy little thing.
I have to take care of things. That's why I had fish at college. When those died? I started taking care of my roommates. I do this. I have to care for things, even if they're just plushies.
I was so happy though. Biking everywhere I needed to go. Buying my own food. Running my own house. Coming home to that cat.
I want to live like that again.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment