So maybe I won't move up in the world of business.
Saturday I went in, got that training, woo hoo. Malicia told me I'd be out by 5 the next day. I asked her twice, even asked Chad twice, and Tomas once. I guess I should've gotten it in writing.
When I first got in, asked Tomas to give me the hands-on cashier training. He said okay, if we got slow. I worked 12:30-3:54, went to Chad, asked him if I could have a 5 minute breather, because I was exhausted, we were so busy. He said I just got off break, why did I need another?"
"I don't have a break, I get off at 5."
"You were supposed to go on break at 3 and get off work at 6."
"...Since when? Let me see that!"
And he was right, they had me breaking at 3-3:30 and off at 6. I was upset. Still hadn't gotten that cashier training. So I asked him if I could leave at 5 anyway, I needed to get to college, and I didn't appreciate being told one thing then having it changed one me without warning.
Tomas wasn't too happy that I left early, and Chad was on the phone with him BEGGING him to talk to me.
"Do you want to talk to her? Say yes. Please say yes."
He made me go on break from 4-4:30, in anticipation of me being there until 6, but Tomas said I could leave at 5:11.
Dad questioned my judgement, saying that not only was I out $6 by doing that, I pissed off the boss, and may not get that cashier training. Well it didn't look like I was going to get it, again, anyway, and I had already planned for missing out on that $6.
And if they're going to look at the one time I asked to go home early, at the time they had said I could go home, and overlook the fact that I've stayed late for them several times and literally clean shit for them, they can just...goddammit. You can't tell your boss to get bent when you need the job. I just hate feeling like a dumb, ugly, short, useless, underpaid, undertrained, "go clean the explosive diarrhea off the seats, the piss in front of the urinal, and the puke all over the floor" bagger.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is why I left Publix.
Ps, they never made girls clean the bathrooms at our branch. Major suckos there.
Post a Comment