So my UTI symptoms had greatly subsided since I drank that diluted cranberry juice, right? Cranberry juice + increased fluids = miraculous recovery, right?
Wrong. I was confused-bacteria don't just get flushed out like that.
I had discharge, not from my girly-bits, but from my urinary bits. I had two discharges at the same time, one normal girly stuff, the other not so normal, definitely not girly. I was confused.
There is no discharge without infection.
There is no infection without microbes.
There is no microbe colony happily living in my urinary tract.
Urine is sterile.
So I told them about the pain I had been having, they dismissed it as mittelschmerz (pain from release of egg, I had it), but were confused as much as I was when they did an exam and found no sign of infection, no...nothing. That's what I had told them-there's nothing there. It's just when you put pressure on this one area, that feels like it's been depressed. Imagine hitting a pothole in your skin on your arm, and it feels like there's a hole under your skin.
Nurse practitioner said that if the pain continues, go see my family doctor, because she simply could not find anything other than a strange growth around the meatus (just a skin flap, lovely image there), which may or may not be normal, but is not for concern.
I just don't get it.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment