Saturday, January 26, 2008

She never touches ground

Updates:
-Urinary tract infections are not fun. Working with them is worse.
-Finally got my uniform from Publix.
-Still no cashier training.
-Re-turned in W-4's, hopefully get my money soon
-Need to fill out FAFSA
-Need to file taxes at some point
-Apartment for next school year?
-New phone
-Nightmares.

On the way home Friday night I was very upset, mostly because of what Dad said. He said that he thought it was kind of silly for me to see the therapist, because more than likely my nightmares are caused by my overactive imagination, overreactive, obsessive personality, and my negative attitude that almost seems to invite torment, hoping sympathy will follow.
Of course he said it in not such nice terms. At one point he didn't continue what he was going to say, because he caught himself and realized how hurtful and insulting it would sound, but I knew what he meant.

He said that I only really wanted to go to the polysomnograph people because I'm curious and interested in that kind of stuff. I've always been curious. Why? Why? Why?
Said if I just stopped thinking about the nightmares, didnt' record them, didnt' think about them, didn't completely obsess over them, they'd go away.

Yeah, tried that too, Dad. It lasted a week. They come back. They always do.

On a happier note, my roommate and I have agreed that, should I get a sewing machine and/or access to one, she'll design the aprons and other items we want to sell, picking out the fabric and trim and what not, and I'll make them. Then we sell them at the flea market. I have a bunch of fabric already. I still need to make my little brother's Star Wars sleeping pants or Kimono-esque bathrobe (whenever he decides to stop growing taller than me ;_; ), and Wes's boxers. And of course, I need to do it by hand. And finish knitting my grandmother's scarf.

No comments: